The Amsler grid is used to check for changes in the central vision of one eye at a time.
Print a copy to use at home everyday here.
1. Hold the Amsler grid at your normal reading distance while wearing your reading glasses.
2. Cover one eye and focus on the centre dot with the other eye.
3. Look for any distortion, missing segments of lines, blurred or gray areas, or black spots on the grid.
4. If any of these areas are new, call your retinal specialist or eye doctor and inform him/her of the grid changes.
5. Repeat the procedure for the other eye
Appointments for current, existing and new patients available as soon as this week.