In Ontario, OHIP will cover the cost of an examination once every year for patients up to 19 years of age or over 65 years of age. In addition, OHIP will cover the cost of an annual examinations for patients with certain medical conditions such as diabetes and glaucoma. Full details about OHIP eyecare coverage including a list of eligible medical conditions are available from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website.
- Remember, you can have your eyes examined more often or according to the recommendations of your optometrist, only you will have to pay your doctor directly.
- Employment insurance benefits often cover the cost of one eye examination every 2 years.
Our comprehensive eye health and vision care services include:
- Eye Health Assessment and care
- Contact lense examination & fitting
- Eyeglasses & Sunglasses
- A two-year warranty on all eye wear
- Unique frames for every lifestyle & budget
- Safety eyewear
- Vision therapy
- LASIK and Laser Surgery Consultation & Co-management
- Visual field screening
- Referrals and co-management for infections, injuries, pinkeye, glaucoma, etc.