Do you love glasses & fashion?
Do you have a background in retail and an interest in healthcare ?
We are a boutique practice focused on superior patient care and service, located downtown near King & Spadina.
We are looking for enthusiastic team player to join us as an optometric/optical assistant.
The successful candidate must have attention to detail, amazing communication skills and a sense of style trends. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right individual who has an interest in healthcare and the optical industry. Experience in customer service or retail is a plus. We are looking for a part-time assistant, Saturdays and at least three weekdays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating an amazing patient experience
- Reception and telephone handling
- Scheduling patients on the computer
- Responding to email inquiries
- Recording exam findings in electronic records
- Calling patients to confirm their appointments
- Billing OHIP, third-parties and patients
- Preliminary testing of patients
- Recording exam findings
- Advising patients on lens and frame selections
- Ordering glasses and contact lenses
- Repairing and adjusting eyeglasses
- Edging lenses into frames
- Training patients how to use contact lenses
- Keeping the office clean and tidy
- Assisting the doctors as required
- Successful completion of at least two-years post-secondary program or two years previous experience in an optometric office or optical
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English required
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and work in a team environment is required
- Proficiency in computer use as we are a paperless office using PCs, Macs and Chromebooks
This is not a seasonal position. Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Spadina Optometry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this jobPlease our application form including your contact information, a cover letter detailing your optometric experience, and a resume (in PDF, MS Word or RTF format). And don't worry, as health care professionals we recognize and respect your privacy by complying with existing labour and privacy laws. We'll never sell or disclose, or trade your email address.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but must advise that only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. No phone calls please.