Do you love glasses & fashion?
Do you have a background in retail and an interest in healthcare ?
We are a boutique practice focused on superior patient care and service, located downtown near King & Spadina.
We are looking for enthusiastic team player to join us as an full time receptionist.
The successful candidate must have attention to detail, amazing communication skills and a sense of style trends. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right individual who has an interest in healthcare and the optical industry. Experience in customer service or retail is a plus. This is a full-time position, Saturdays and at least four weekdays.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Creating an amazing patient experience
- Office reception including patient and customer greeting and telephone answering
- Scheduling patients using EHR computer system
- Responding to email inquiries
- Calling patients to confirm their appointments
- Billing OHIP, third-parties and patients
- Collecting optical inventory and data entry
- Ordering glasses and contact lenses
- Keeping the office clean and tidy
- Support office in an administrative manner (i.e. copying/scanning/filing/reporting/data entry) when necessary
- Assisting the doctors and optometric staff as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, doctors and office coordinators
- Successful completion of at least two-years post-secondary program or two years previous experience in an optometric/medical/dental office or optical retailer
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English required
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and work in a team environment is required
- Proficiency in computer use as we are a paperless office using PCs, Macs and Chromebooks
This is not a seasonal position. Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Spadina Optometry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.