We are a boutique practice focused on superior patient care and service, located downtown near King & Spadina. We are looking for the right person to join our eye care team as an optometric assistant/optician. Attention to detail and exceptional communication skill is essential. Experience in the optical industry is preferred. We are looking for a full time assistant although we would consider part-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising patients on lens and frame selections
- Ordering glasses and contact lenses
- Repairing and adjusting eyeglasses
- Training contact lens patients
- Keeping the office clean and tidy
- Assisting the doctors as required
- Reception and telephone handling
- Scheduling patients on the computer
- Responding to email inquiries
- Preparing charts and filing
- Calling patients to confirm their appointments
- Billing OHIP, third-parties and patients
- Preliminary testing of patients
- Successful completion of at least a two-year post secondary certificate or diploma program or two years previous experience in an optometric office or optical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and work in a team environment is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office suite or similar software
Please send your contact information, a resume in PDF, MS Word or RTF format.
Applicants must be eligible to work legally in Canada.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.